5:30 wake up so engorged I am a leaky mess.
Madelyn still has a fever I 'm still sick too!
Go to change baby's very messy diaper to find that the sitter gave Avery a Popsicle last night, no big deal but Avery let it melt into the carpet. So I have a bright blue stain to get out. Proceed to the laundry room to get stain remover. Soak it down and scrub. Darn still there. I then head for my KIRBY shampooer to find that my $45 bottle of carpet solution for the machine is empty. But wait, this is a new bottle? It had a whole in the bottom of it and at some previous time leaked all over my shelves in the laundry room warping the wood shelf and leaving a disastrous dry soapy mess. As I am about to loose it I yell,"AHHHHH! I'm about to start dropping some major cuss words" Unfortunately Travis was standing nearby with the phone in hand for me; it was my visiting teacher supervisor who now thinks I am psycho I'm sure.
I spent an hour trying to shampoo my carpets and I don't know what I did wrong but it wasn't right. I go to make lunch and of course Avery wants mac and cheese and she wants to help, as always. She has helped before and always manages to spill the macaroni all over when pouring it into the pan of course this time I am warning her how not to do that and I accidentally spilt the whole box of noodles across the kitchen floor. I finally get dressed for the day when the kids go down for a nap. They start to wake up but I am doing some touch up painting around the house upstairs. (What was I thinking?) With the day already starting out this bad I should have guessed this was not a good time try and tackle this right now. So what happened? I spilt paint all over me and all over the carpets that I just shampooed. AHHH @!#W$%&^*&.
While I was making dinner Avery spilt a glass of pineapple juice then at dinner she spilled her water twice. She tried to help me make desert tonight too but spilt that twice as well.
Then, oh yes, we're not done yet... I am putting Avery to bed and of course we always go potty before bed. Where she got this idea I have no clue but she peed on her hand! Yes, on purpose! As I am walking into the bathroom to help her wipe she is giggling (my first hint) then she exclaims, "look mom, I am peeing on my hand!" Then, she reaches up and wipes it on me! AHHHHH ^**(*^#(*$^!
What a day! I'm going to bed.
P.S. Thanks for letting me vent.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
Well your day gave me a big laugh!!! I am sorry...I love you!
MOM
Holy crap! I am so sorry about your bad day. You know, you probably would have been able to handle it better had you not been sick. Hopefully you got some rest last night and can start fresh today.
By the way, I only buy Easy Mac. Not as good, but super easy and never a mess.
Good luck today!
Thanks Lila.. I will always be able to refer to this when I think that I Have had a bad day;-)
Brent
Wow, that does sound like a terrible-horrible-no-good-very bad day. I can't wait to have kids! Ha! No but really, we can empathize with you on the whole leaking laundry room bit. Our washers just leaked out all over our carpeted apartment. Our entire front room is in disarray.
You prabally wouldn't have had such a bad day if you were feeling better...I can't believe how many times you guys spilt something:) Just joking I can...we have had crazy days too...it just makes you appreciate the good days!!
I'm sorry, Lila! Those are the kind of days when I am glad for my usual boring nothing to do days! When something goes bad, it all seems to go that direction. I hope yesterday was better for you!
It was actually kind of refreshing to read your post, because it was so real...Oh, man...I hope you screamed and yelled and got totally nasty because that would mean that I am not the only one who loses control sometimes. I really am sorry for that horrible day, though. I hope things go better tomorrow!
p.s. In case you are interested, I have found the most amazing cleaning help online. I just go to google and type in "how to get permanent marker off of cabinets and tile" (for ONE example) and I've gotten super good advice every time. Anyway, maybe that will help you in your next disaster!
peeing things happen to you often!! He he he!!
Oh man...Lila, I have to just tell you, that was hilarious! I'm sure the day was horrible and all, but really, to have written that down so you can look back at it later is priceless. Awww, the many blessings of being a stay at home mom! I feel for ya!
Thanks everyone. The funny thing is that as I finish writing that post I couln't help but laugh at it. That is a good thig or I am losing my sanity.
OH Lila! That post is hilarious! Sounds like one messy day. It makes for a good laugh later though.
Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh, I think all of us moms have had a day like that. More often than we'd like. Its great that you can see the humor in it.
I need your email address so that I can give you access to my blog. Mine is fish_emilie@yahoo.com by the way your kids are beautiful
Wow, what a day. Bet you are glad it is over!! I hope you got some good sleep that night. I think that is why God invented night time so we can all start over again and not want to kill our kids/spouses/selves.=)
Awesome. I've totally been there!
Post a Comment