
The new Aliante Theaters is doing a charity event Nov. 12-13 where they have all day movies for $2 and popcorn and drinks for $2. I believe it is for their grand opening. Of course I got all excited and thought that we should make a family night of it and it would be fun to take the kids for a theatrical experience. I heard good things about the movie so why not. I'll tell you why not. According to my penny pinching, money saving, but ever practical husband, we can get the movie at red box for $1 (plus tax) and the whole family can watch for cheaper and in the comfort of our own home. I wanted to say, "Way to ruin it hon. It is always more exciting in theaters, you are always the party pooper." But I went a long with it and it ends up he was right. The kids weren't at all interested. They talked, wined, and fought through the whole thing. Avery was upset that it didn't have any girls in it or princess'. So, if you have girls this movie might not make it. If you have boys, they'll probably love it. Travis and I really enjoyed it. It was cute and I'd definitely recommend it. However, we won't be taking our kids to the theaters for a couple more years or maybe ever with the price of a movie ticket being what it is these days.




3 comments:
I agree on several levels. Ticket prices are ridiculous...probably to help pay for the huge pay checks of the actors. Also, I agree on the movie Kung Fu Panda. Trent and I loved it. We have one little son (who couldn't sit still longer than 2 minutes put together), so what we saw was good. We decided we may have to just wait about 20 years till kids are all grown up to enjoy a movie all the way through. Your girls are so adorable.
Being a parent can be so painful I swear. Sometimes I can hardly wait until all of my kids are at an age that we can go do things like a movie without any problems or fights erupting. But, then again everyone says to enjoy each stage...and I agree...I can't believe that my oldest is almost 9. We just have to enjoy tham at each age and do things that are appropriate for their level. Your post made me laugh, because I think we have all been there!
Hi Lila
Thanks so much for the movie info! I would love to have me on your private list! I always love to look at your scrap booking! Your Ideas are great so thanks! So here is my email jpink22@hotmail.com If you ever need anything please let me know!!
Post a Comment