Madelyn is terrified of having the door closed so we tried the gate thing. I left the door open but the gate closed off her exit. She was getting up between 4 and 7 times throughout the night standing at the gate screaming. Which means I am up so that Avery and Daddy don't end up awake as well. So, after two nights, I closed the door. The poor baby cried herself to sleep but continued to get up about 7 times that night scared and crying. It took all my will power to ignore her. So by night 4 I got her a night light. So we could close the door but she wouldn't be frightened in the dark. Since then it takes her about an hour to fall asleep. She is playing, pulling all of the socks out of the drawers, looking at books, etc.,etc. There is a twin in her room. She insists that I tuck her in on the big girl bed, but when I go back to check on her she is in the crib. By two in the morning I will find her back in the twin and sometime around 5 she gets into the crib again. No wonder this girl is taking fantastic naps lately. Poor thing. Have I made a mistake with the night light? Is she going to set a bad pattern in which she can't sleep through the night anymore? This girl is driving me crazy. I get up more with her than I ever did with my newborns. I am tired enough form this pregnancy. I feel like a walking zombie.
PS- Don't forget to leave me you email. I plan on going private by the end of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
There is nothing worse than being sleep deprived! Sorry. I am not sure what to tell you that would help other than be consistent. Caden took awhile too, but eventually he learned this was the way it was and he accepted it. Good luck!
Don't forget me when you go private....tbmax03@gmail.com
I know you feel like a zombie but I promise it will get better. My kids use night lights and are fine. I don't think it's a mistake. My boys sleep with one and their door closed all the way. Pammie has one but doesn't even notice if it's not in there. She is a better sleeper though and sleeps with the door cracked just enough and a hall light on. Yet, she's the one who was like that when she started. You need to pick a bed though and get rid of the other so that she knows to stay in one place. It's completely normal to be afraid of the dark though. We got one of those light wands and had a routine for a while of turning off the lights to go to bed and then waving it all over to 'scare off' any monsters. Heck, Will even slept with a flashlight next to his bed for a little while. He'd play with it, but stay in bed, and eventually fall asleep without it being so traumatic. I say if you take out the crib and you find her asleep on the floor, leave her there. Better she gets the uninterrupted sleep. And if you have to temporarily remove all toys and books from the room then so be it until she learns to go to sleep on her own again. Have you tried music? You could turn on soft music and tell her to lay in bed listening to it. It'll distract her from the bedtime thing as well as the dark and may help her fall asleep and sleep more deeply.
Sorry for all the rambling. Can you tell we've done this a few times?
=)
Oh, my email if you don't have it is halabilly@gmail.com or yahoo.com
That's tough. I don't know what you would do. Don't forget us when you go private.
nohit45@netzero.com
Hope it gets better.
My littlest has been getting out of his crib for the last month or so, so I feel your pain. But I just keep going in there and without talking to him, just put him back in there, and kiss him, and walk away. It is getting better. And how old is your little girl? Because I found I had to stop giving him naps, and if he does by chance fall asleep in the day, I limit it, so he is super tired at night. He goes to bed about 8 which is good, for me. And he tends to just go to sleep, it is nice, and if he is super tired he sleeps better.
I really hope that helps, I am sorry. I know sleep is such a precious thing to a pregnant girl. GOOD LUCK!
Good luck finding the sleeping solution for both of you. I don't know if you already have my email or not. It's lachilena.king@gmail.com
Hope to keep in touch. Your family really is beautiful.
I think you have my e-mail...so add me please!
Why don't you try to read to her for a few minutes and tickle her back...sometimes Chanel will just fall asleep...when she doesn't, I just keep telling her "no, you need to stay in bed, it is sleep time. And, try to do it a little before her actual bedtime. Eventually she will get used to the routine. I wouldn't let her play in her room for too long, because she will never outgrow that...it will be hell when the baby comes!
One more thing...Chanel and Chesney are sharing right now...I just moved the baby in there. I find that I do have to put them to bed one at a time. But, once they are both asleep it is not that bad...the baby is down to getting up 1 time. Sometimes she doesn't get up at all.
I think the night light is success!! My boys stay awake in their room for 1 to 1/2 hours after I put them there too..
At least she's not screaming and driving you crazy! I hope you get more sleep soon!
How is the move going?
Post a Comment