Monday, July 2, 2007

We left the kids at home!






Day 6

Time to go home, see ya next year in Maui...




Day 5
This is my scuba day! I am still waiting on pics but it was amazing. I am determined to get certified. In January we are going to Puhket and in '09 we are going to Fiji so I am way excited to get certified and do this again.


One of the things I love most about Hawaii is watching the sunset. From our beach we can see the most beautiful sunsets. But this trip I missed everyone of them almost, I was determinded to get one sunset in and it was that last night.

Day 4- Snorkel Kapalua Bay


Sand Castle building contest and our friends won!



Dinner was at Mama's Fish House and it was by far the best food I have ever eaten. It had the best presentation of food and the most quaint of atmosphere.





Day 3
Well I was supposed to go scuba diving this morning but the swells created murky water and poor visibility so it was postponed till Wednesday which will work out great because they are going to take is out to Molokini by boat. I can hardly wait. I have always wanted to scuba dive. We did do our training class in the pool this morning though. Now that my afternoon is freed up I am on my way to The Grand Wailea for a message. Life is good but life in Hawaii is better!

Day 2


Yes, it's true. We are in Hawaii and the girls are at home. It was very hard to make the decision to leave the girls but now that I am here I am so glad that we did. I am loving it here in paradise. This is our 4th trip to Maui. We came once before we had kids but then the last 2 years we brought Avery with us and therefore for the last 2 years I went home from Hawaii whiter than when I came because we spent so much time in the hotel room. So, this year it was my goal to get a tan. You can tell from the picture how that came out. But it is worth it to me. I slept better last night than I have in 3 years, I did nothing but lay around either at the beach or the pool and I finished a book today. Tomorrow I am going to scuba dive and I am lovin' it.

Day 1
Pics from our hotel





15 comments:

Meet the Elliott's said...

Enjoy yourselves.....Protect your self though from some sun!!!

Nicole Cave said...

Girl, I hope you are wearing your sunscreen...Yes I will be a mother hen and tell you to put it on and make sure you reapply too. You will still get a tan. Put aloe Vera on at night too. Have fun, I am jealous!! We went to Waikki when we went. I want to try Maui if we ever go back.

Michelle said...

Good for you to go on vacation without kids. I think everyone NEEDS a vacation every once in a while. Have fun scuba diving. I'm jealous!

Lila said...

okay!okay! i'll put sunblock on today. i admit that i didn't yesterday and i am paying for it now. but, still loving it. usally my burns fade into a tan so i've got my base now i can use the sunblock...

Nicole Cave said...

It's not about the base...it's about the UV rays that are causing you cancer and premature aging. You have too beautiful skin to ruin that!!

Lila said...

Nicole, that is sweet. I have been wearing the sb now but there was deffinately dammage that first day.

Meet the Elliott's said...

I like the daily updates....

Ann said...

Leela,

Your trip sounds so fun! How are you guys able to go every year?! Brian and I recently went on a cruise without the kids, and it was so fabulous. AND, when we returned home, we were refueled to start with the kids again. Thank goodness we get these chances once in a while. Hey, where do you get your swim suits? They look super good. You look great!

The Sagers Family said...

your vacation looked dreamy. I'm so jealous. I love Hawaii and need to get back there soon. I loved your pictures.

Baldwin Fam said...

Lila! Cute blog! It's Morgan. Found you through a few other random people, but glad I did. Looks like the beach treated you well (even if the sunshine didn't).:)

The Cherry Family said...

It looks like you guys are having soooo much fun! I think it's great you guys get to go without kids!

-KJ said...

Lucky girl! I have never been to Hawaii and NEED to go! Looks like you had a blast! Way to go on leaving the kids. I think that is the only way you can get a "vacation", otherwise it is just a family adventure!

Nicole Cave said...

Lila, did you get stuck in Hawaii? What the heck happened to posting everyday!?

Heather Bell said...

Wow, everything is so beautiful there! Glad to hear you had a great time. You look great too, Lila! We are trying to go next year. We'll see if I have the guts to leave both kids. I will probably be able to handle a break by then.=)

Parley and Katie Call said...

Lila...nice blog! Do you miss Hawaii yet? I do! Hey, how was your scuba diving???