Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Stuck in Hawaii?
Well, yes Nicole, we did get stuck in Hawaii. We were going to extend our vacation a few days but little Madelyn was not doing well at home so we dicided to come home. Unfortunately maybe we should have stayed in Hawaii because our flight was delayed several hours then because of mechanical difficulties our aircraft was grounded and we had to wait for another plane to come in from LA to pick us up. We were supposed to get home Thursday but spent the night in the airport and didn't get home till Friday. Then I left immediately from Vegas to pick up Avery from my mom's house in Farmington, Utah. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the fires in Utah and when I got past Cedar the freeway was at a dead stop. I spent nearly 2 hours at a near stop until I was rerouted onto I20 taking me further into Central Utah. With a screaming baby in the back seat and not having slept in over 48 hours I decided to stay the night in Aurora, Ut. Fortunately my Grandmother lives there. I then left the following evening for Farmington. I just got home yesterday. So the harsh reality is that my vacation is deffinately over! I am in recovery mode now. It may take a few days to get back into the swing of things and catch up on everyone else. Thanks for checking in and congratulations Nicole!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh my gosh, I was just joking!! What a frustrating way to end a trip. When things like that happen I always ask myself Why? Why does things like this happen? Really it doesn't help to dwell on it for too long. I hope you feel nice and cozy being home!!
That's the worst feeling... wanting to get back home and to your kids and not being able to. That's good you're all home safe now. You might need a while to recover from all that!
I'm so sorry to hear about the ending of your trip. Why was Madelyn not doing well? Was she sick? I can't imagine sitting in a car in stand still with a screaming baby. I hope things are back to normal soon!
I don't know. I think you need another vacation after having to go through that! Hawaii looked amazing, lucky girl!
Post a Comment