Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Remember when...

I caught this picture of Avery playing tonight and I thought to myself of when I used to play for endless hours imagineing and make belive. When did I grow up?

I am making a new goal to let go of my inhibitions and try to enjoy being a kid again with my kid. It is hard for me but when I can do it she loves it and I find that I love it too. It puts me in a better mood for handling the mundane "mom" stuff!


5 comments:

Brent's Family said...

Lila, We really miss having her around. I haven't fixed my toenails yet. It's a nice reminder of the time she spent up here.
Thanks for letting her come and visit!
Brent!

Heather Bell said...

It totally agree with you, Lila about trying to be like a kid again. It is hard to let go of "mommy thoughts" but it is worth it! Hailey and I have a great time when we are just messing around together! Hailey has those princess shoes too and loves them!

Ann said...

I would have to say that spending QUALITY time with my kids is one of my biggest struggles as a mom. I mean, I am at home all day with them, but I find that taking time out to play volleyball with a balloon, or playing store or whatever is fun for a few minutes, but then I start getting impatient and anxious to get back to my cleaning or whatever, and I find myself saying "just a minute" or "as soon as I'm done doing...." like 50 times a day... Anyway, I appreciate this post because it reminds me to try harder...I mean what is more important--that my counter is cleared off or that my son knows I enjoy being with and playing with him. No contest. Thanks so much for the reminder.

Lila said...

Hey Ann, truely though, you just described me when you thought you were talking about yourself. That is why I am trying to improve that weakness. It is funny because I never wanted to be anything but a mom and now that I am a mom I realy think I'm lousey at it sometimes and I want to do better; that is why I challenged myself.

Baldwin Fam said...

I love the "playing house" stage! Playing house, doctor, school, whatever it was at that moment, it was the best. I can't wait until Tig gets there. And don't feel bad, I think every mom feels that way sometimes. :)