Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's Time

Neither one of my girls were great about taking pacifiers in the beginning. Avery started using hers around 7 mo and Madelyn at 9 mo. I have to admit that I really pushed it because it is nice to be able to "plug 'em up" sometimes. Avery only used her Bink at bedtime.Madelyn started out that way but in the last 3 months has managed to make a habit of taking her out of the crib and using it all day. My family started calling her Maggie from the Simpson's. I have been terrified to take it away but have known that sooner is better than later. This girl is a stasher. She has pacifiers hiding everywhere. One time I pulled out her crib and found 5 of them. She knows too. When she is looking for one she will go up to her room and crawl under the crib.
She has actually done pretty well. She freaks out if she sees one and she has managed to find three that I have missed but she surrenders them peacefully.
Good job Madelyn!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Maisey has started to reject her pacifier but it still helps her fall asleep so I don't know what to do now!! That is so funny that Madelyn stashes her pacifiers, kids are so stinking smart.

Kristi said...

I can't believe you'd have them START using them at 7 and 9 months...I'd freak! I remember taking Taytum's away. I thought I cleaned them all out and threw them all away, when SIX MONTHS later she walked down stairs with one in her mouth and her hands spread out, "LOOK WHAT I FOUND, MOMMY!" She was proud. She had done so good I couldn't go back, so I opened the trash can and said, "Good find! I was looking for that. Now throw it away!" She was devastated, but lasted 10 minutes and then she realized she was a big girl with out it! I am glad to hear Madelyn is being a good sport!

Ann said...

Oh, man. Jane LOVES her binky and it will be the saddest day of our lives when she is forced to part with the final one. I am not looking forward to that day..
Good job with your sewing projects!! The apron and purses look awesome. I have come to love the sewing machine my mom got me too! I can't sew clothing or purses, but it has helped me with many a decorating projects!

-KJ said...

Oh, I loved the binki with Spencer. He was the BEST baby!!! I didn't try to hard with Olivia, but it is so nice to have something comfort them so fast. I think it was the hardest for ME to give them up!

Good for Madelyn!

Amber said...

Brooklynn's binki was my saving grace!! I was so freaked about taking hers away but she was amazing!! I'm glad that Madelyn's managing well though. Good for her.

P.S. Loved your shower gifts for Tara!! They were absolutely adorable. You are so VERY talented!!

Valerie said...

Neither one of my kids ever wanted a pacifier. Weird huh. I love that you sew your girls things. I always have good intentions, but it never really happens. It just means your girls will follow your example.
I went private on my blog. Send me an email and I'll get you in.
Faaootoa@aol.com