and it turned out perfect! I don't love the fabrics, but I was only using up old stuff to practice. I can't wait to get my hands on some designer fabrics. My favorite line right now is Ginger Blossom by Staci Henderson. These prints are so Yummy! I love the colors. I just had to get my hands on them so I went to the fabric shop today and bought some quarter folds just for the heck of it. I don't know what I will make with them yet but I just needed a fix.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
"sew" now I like to sew
So my mom is really good about giving great and practical gifts to us kids.
Over the years she has given me my hope chest, cutco knives, a Kirby vacuum, canning supplies, a dehydrator, etc... She always thinks of the gifts that we wouldn't spend the money on but that are highly useful or will come in handy at some point. Soon after Travis and I were married she bought me a sewing machine. Truth be told my first thoughts were, "what in the heck am I going to use a sewing machine for. I had been taught the basics of sewing when I was growing up but never thought I'd need it.
Now, I think it is one of the best gifts that I have ever received. Over the years I occasionally put it to use it it was always nice to have it when I needed it. But, I have this need for sewing lately. Especially since I made those purses the other day, I just need more, more, more. I find myself thinking about all of the things I can make. Mostly children's clothes. Tonight I used up some old fabric to make Avery an apron. I was very meticulous
and it turned out perfect! I don't love the fabrics, but I was only using up old stuff to practice. I can't wait to get my hands on some designer fabrics. My favorite line right now is Ginger Blossom by Staci Henderson. These prints are so Yummy! I love the colors. I just had to get my hands on them so I went to the fabric shop today and bought some quarter folds just for the heck of it. I don't know what I will make with them yet but I just needed a fix.
and it turned out perfect! I don't love the fabrics, but I was only using up old stuff to practice. I can't wait to get my hands on some designer fabrics. My favorite line right now is Ginger Blossom by Staci Henderson. These prints are so Yummy! I love the colors. I just had to get my hands on them so I went to the fabric shop today and bought some quarter folds just for the heck of it. I don't know what I will make with them yet but I just needed a fix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Too cute...I wish I knew how to sew or even where to get started. With a baby girl on the way I have a itch to learn to sew so I can make cute little blankies, burp clothes, etc. but I am not very domesticated. There is the cutest fabric out there these days. That is my next goal!
Good job, I am very impressed!
You're right about that fabric...it's so gorgeous! I am sure you will be whippin' up stuff in no time! The apron is adorable and I am just laughing at you being meticulous...it's SOOOO you! Wouldn't expect anything less from you, Ms. Lila!
Sew cute! Haha! I want to learn too. My mom is a perfectionist so I am afraid I won't be as good. Practice I guess. I think I need a machine first...
I love the fabric! I'm so impressed that you are sewing and telling others about it---I have started to sew in the past 5 months but I"M NO GOOD AT so I don't dare tell anyone about it! :) Keep up the great work!
The stuff you made for Tara was a big hit at the shower...so cute!! Sorry you weren't there...you were missed!
Cute apron!
You are so talented!!
The fabric you picked out is darling!!
Lila, you are one talented girl. Holy Cow. How do you find the time?? It's a good thing I have boys. We'll just go kick a ball.
Post a Comment