This has been a very difficult week for our family. On Tuesday I went in for my 16 week, routine OB visit when the Dr found no heart beat. The ultrasound confirmed that our baby didn't make it. From Tuesday until Friday I carried the lifeless child with me until they performed the D & C. It has been emotionally and physically draining for all of us. I am so grateful that my mom has been able to be here with me and help out with the girls. I have also been blessed by the love and concern of friends and family bringing in fresh homemade bread, cookies, flowers, chocolates, tubs of frozen yogurt, fruit platters, phone calls and emails. Thank you so much for your kindness, thoughts and prayers in our behalf.
The night that Travis and I found out we talked about feelings and premonitions that we had each had leading up to this event. At the time we did not recognize them for what they were but we can see now that the Lord was preparing us for this circumstance. It is hard and yet those promptings helped to prepare us for this and have helped us to accept that His plan is greater than our understanding.




31 comments:
Oh Lila I am so very sorry. I know you were farther along than I was when I miscarried...no matter what the situation is, it doesn't make it any easier. I think mom's go through so much physical and emotional things for their children. All I can say is that I truely believe things do happen for a reason. Your two little girls are absolutely a reason to be joyful...just keep reminding yourself that. When the time is right, you'll have another. Call me if you need to talk!!
I'm so sorry to here of your loss. David and I are thinking of yoyu.
I'm so sorry to hear about your news. I have been thinking of you the last few days, and can't imagine what you must be going through. You are so strong! It's so nice that you have friends and family taking care of you, and I love that you said you've received TUBS of forzen yogurt, how wonderful is that!!! You're girls are so beautiful, and I love the picture of them here with their glasses on. So precious!!!
Oh Lila, I am so so sorry. I actually saw your mom at Vaughn's Aunt Georgia's house on Thursday and she had told me what had happened. I feel so bad and we have been keeping you in our thoughts and our prayers. You are so beautiful and so is your family. It doesn't make it easy but it's such a beautiful blessing to have the Atonement that covers our sorrow. Please if I can do anything, let me know.
lila, i was so sorry to hear of your news. lui and i are thinking of you and your family. stay strong.
I didn't know. I am sorry and my prayers and thoughts are with you.
I second everything that Nicole said above. Having been there before I too know how hard this can be, but there is always a greater design that we don't see in the moment. There have been several times lately that I have stopped and said a silent prayer of thanks for a loving Heavenly Father who knows better than I do. It is hard to accept his will sometimes but always in the end we realize it is best and there is so much joy still in life.
Thinking of you...
Tara
No great words of wisdom, just wanted to say I am really sorry. i am so grateful for the power of the comforter at times like this. All our love!
Parley told me the news and I couldn't believe it since I had just seen you...I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine what what you are feeling, but I'm glad you have the support of your family and friends. Esp. your mom, what a blessing that she was there. We are thinking of you and wishing you well.
I am so sorry. I hope you guys continue to be comforted...I'll be thinking of you.
Oh Lila...I am SO sorry for your loss! Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you!!!
Keep up your beautiful attitude. You are such a wonderful example of how we are supposed to acceot the Lord's will.
Your family is in our prayers!!!
ps- that pic of the girls is TOO cute :)
Lila,
I've been thinking about you. My mom told me what happened. We love you and your family, and we pray that you will have peace in this hard time. I am so sorry for your loss. Love, Natalie
My heart breaks for you! Nicole and Tara said all I could say. You have such a great attitude. I am so grateful for the gospel! Just know you are in our prayers.
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. We appreciate your friendship.
Oh Lila, I'm really sorry to hear about the baby. It's crazy how Heavenly Father's plan differs from ours in difficult ways sometimes. We will certainly keep your family in our prayers.
I know this is hard and I am so sorry! You are amazing and strong but please let us know if we can do anything. Call me if you need to talk. You are in our prayers!
I'm sorry, Lila!! I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks between Hailey and Spencer. It was tough, but now I can somewhat see why. God does know best and that is the best thing. Give yourself some time to feel sad, but enjoy your two cute girls too. Let me know if you need me to take them so you can get away for some girl time.
I'm so sorry about your loss. You are right about finding the joy in the blessings you already have in your life. Your girls are so sweet.
I'm sure right now there is nothing more comforting than your girls and your family. Leave it to kids to make you smile no matter what. Sorry you had to go through all that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
It's amazing the great joy we can find in our children, no matter what emotional state we may be in. They hold such sweet spirits are in tune with more than we know - their veils are so thin! My prayers are with you all, Lila.
Wow Lila, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes it's hard to understand why things happen, it's just comforting to know that Heavenly Father has you under his watchful eye. Your daughters are beautiful!
Lila, I know I don't know you extremely well but enought to truly feel for you at this time. You seem so sweet and gentle. Isn't it amazing the miracle a baby is in the first place, so many of us take it for granit, and then when something like this happens it makes us remember the miracle. Your right though, you have two little ones here helping you through. We will keep you all inour prayers. Keep up the good work. Mandi Brown
ps I am loving my digital scrapbooking, .....................still learning.
Lila, I know there's not really anything to be said that hasn't already. But I wanted to let you know that we are so sorry to hear about your loss as well. I'm glad your mom was able to be there with you. Hang in there girlie! (and, um, let me know if you need help with those tubs of frozen yogurt) ;)
Hi Lila, this is Lindsey Futrell. I've been on your blog a few times, and I thought I'd leave my condolences as well. A very hard time this is for you! I've had a D&C and a D&E in the past and it is not very fun! There was a great article about miscarraige in the Ensign a couple of months ago! I wish you guys the best, and take care of yourself, and allow yourself time to "recover," physically, but more so, emotionally.
Hi Lila, this is Lindsey Futrell. I've read your blog a few times, but I wanted to leave my condolences. This is such a hard time for you. I've had to have a D&C and a D&E in the past, and it is not a fun time. There was a great article in the Ensign a couple of months ago about miscarraige. Don't feel about about taking plenty of time for yourself to recover...physically but more so emotionally! Take care!
You are such a rock and inspiration to me!!
Love you!
Dear Friend Lila, We are so sorry... estamos orando por vocês.... lembre-se que os amamos muito. Estivemos um pouco ausentes, desculpe, mas é que estávamos sem internet. Agora estamos de volta. Contem conosco.
Lila & Travis,
Our prayers are with you in this difficult time. We are sorry for your loss, but know it is through life's trials we grow and become more like Him.
- Ben & Storey
We are really sorry to hear about your loss. Heather told me and I wanted to say something but it was before you posted the news on your blog so I've waited to tell you how sorry I am and that you've been in our prayers. Keep your chin up and turn to the Lord---He's been through it all and He'll never leave you.
I admire your faith and trust in the Lord. You are such a good, strong example for so many others.
Lila and Travis,
I am sorry to hear about the baby. I know I am late getting the news but I was just reading and getting caught up. Thanks for your posting that demonstrated your commitment to Heavenly Father and your faith in his plan. Thanks for your examples! We love you! (Phil and Noelle)
Post a Comment