Monday, May 26, 2008

Avery's Swim Lessons

Avery had her first swim lessons this week. We were hesitant because she always freaks out if we make her try without her floaties. It was quite the opposite experience though. She loved it! every morning she would jump out of bed and put her swim suit on. She would then ask me if it was swim time. She would ask this every 5-10 minutes from 7 a.m. till 10 am. She really thrived out there and whenever it was over we practically had to pry her from the pool. Amber was her teach and has been so good with her. Avery loves Amber and draws pictures for her and this morning she told me that she wanted the brown sugar in her oatmeal to stay on the top like miss amber taught her to be a starfish and float on the top of the water.


11 comments:

Kristi said...

That's awesome! I need to send my kids, too. Preston can swim but needs a few more skills to boast his confidence and Taytum is a chicken for the pool but doesn't mind a jacuzzi!

Audrey Taylor said...

My son is starting swim lessons on the 16th this month. I would say he's going to get a great tan but he was allready born with one!

The Leavitt Family said...

Avery swam so good the other night...and was proud to show us her starfish! Happy Belated Birthday!

Adventures in Healing said...

I am looking into lessons for my kids as well. Are you doing them at the Y??

Lila said...

Thanks Jo! it was a happy birthday.

Heather,
No, we didn't do the Y. My friend Amber Stewart did them. She does group and private lessons. if you want to contact her give me a call and I will get you her number. It was worth it.

Heather said...

What a brave girl!!

Jordan and Jodi said...

I love the pictures and the way you put them together--it is definitely a talent (I know, cause I don't have it!). What software do you use, may I ask? I'm sorry I don't comment much but I love looking at your blog!

Lisa said...

how fun! amber looks like such a good teacher! We've taken Maisey swimming a few times and she just loves the water. I can't wait until she can really swim.

Kristi said...

So you spent 10 days in Hawaii and no pictures yet? I'm dying to see Hawaii again...so I'm living through you!

Amber said...

Oh, Avery was so cute. I love the digital scrap pages you did. So fun!! Glad that she's swimming so well.

Ashley said...

Lila-
I got your blog link from Courtney Stewarts blog. I am so glad that I have your blog now so I can see what you guys are up to and try to keep in better touch! We really need to get together sometime!
Ashley