We have been having technical difficulties with our computer. It has been in to someone to retrieve and back up our files as it is nearing its life sentence. That really stinks too because we have only had it for three years. It seems to me that a computer should last longer than that. It is a Dell and top of the line at that. I knew we should have got the MAC. I think Travis is convinced too. Any opinions or suggestions out there.
So, that is why I haven't posted in so long and that is also why it may be hit and miss with posts and blogging depending on the reliability of the computer and when we decide to replace it.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Sorry about your computer!! There is nothing more annoying than waiting around for it to work. We broke down a couple months ago and got a mac and absolutely love it. No regrets there.
Kami,
Is the learning curve difficult on the mac? I hear it is totally different than PC.
Another diddo on the Mac question..our Dell (although 5 yrs old) has been slowly dying for at least the last year now. I've gotten over the sadness and am ready to move on.:)
when you titled this crash I thought you were going to start talking about another car accident you caused.
another vote for the mac. It's not that different from a PC as far as the learning curve but leaps and bounds different in terms of performance and capabilities! It's not even a question for me. We already want another one!
I'm pretty darn good about not swearing, but I have to say that computers have been the cause of my losing my temper on more than one occasion...Tell your computer that it is really selfish because all of us in blog world hate it when you don't post often.
By the way, have you decided whether or not you are attending the reunion? Brian and I bought our plane tickets so that we can go and now we are just waiting to see if this baby inside me will let it happen. Did you get that anti-reunion reunion email by chance? Well, we are still planning on going to the actual reunion. We are hoping it will atleast be a little less high-schooly. Who knows.
What a cute blog! And yes, I finally looked it up. . . I liked reading it to get to know you more- not just how skilled you are at volleyball! Email me your email address if you would like me to invite you to mine!
baldwinvanessa@hotmail.com
Thats too bad. I hate when computers do that. Hopefully you will be up and running again. Looking forward to a new post.
I vote no against the Mac. My PC crashed a while back and Spencer talked me into using his mac. I guess I haven't put a lot of time into trying to figure the computer out but I'm going back to my PC. Here's the reasons why I don't love my mac:
I can't get PAF to work on it so I haven't been able to do genealogy.
When I try and upload my pictures to Shutterfly I have to do it one by one.
Certain features on Blogger don't work with Macs like I can only do basic fonts, no spell checker and I can't hyperlink.
The one think the mac is great for is editing home video into a really cute DVD. You can even ad chapters.
Who knows you might love the mac. Spencer does.
Hey Lila, very cute blog! I love your family picture, Avery's face is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment