Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Sqirrels

A few weeks ago we were doing yard work and I went to the side of the house by the AC unit to get some soil for planting. I screamed when a cat ran out from behind the unit startling me. This caught Avery's attention because she is a huge animal lover. I didn't think anything of it until a few minutes later Avery came to the back door yelling for me. I came to the back door to see what the matter was and she was holding what looked like a rat in each hand. I let out another scream and told her to put them down. It didn't occur to me that the cat I saw earlier had kittens in our yard.
We are not pet people and have always been in agreeance that "there will be NO pets in our house" but they were so cute and tiny and helpless. Avery was so excited about them that I began to cave. Fortunately Travis could see it and in a very firm, end of the discussion kind of way said, "NO! We are not keeping them!" Then we found out the cat was our neighbor's and they were excited to take the kittens in and I am glad that they have a home. Avery goes to visit and she calls them squirrels. It's kind of cute.

1 comment:

Nicole Cave said...

That is halarious. I am not a cat lover, but she is cute!