Monday, October 19, 2009
Close to Home
"Too frequently, women underestimate their influence for good. Well could you follow the formula given by the Lord: 'Establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God' (D&C 88:119)."In such a house will be found happy, smiling children who have been taught, by precept and example, the truth. In a Latter-day Saint home, children are not simply tolerated, but welcomed; not commanded, but encouraged; not driven, but guided; not neglected, but loved. "Thomas S. Monson,, "The Spirit of Relief Society, Ensign," May 1992, 101-102
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I needed that today....thank you.
That is a great reminder Lila. I think too often I forget these basic principles. Thanks. Hope your family is doing well.
Love that!! Lila, I miss you guys! I love all those pics of the kitchen. Good luck on that!
Are you sure about this? What about a house of messes, a house of disorder and chaos, a house of disaster around every corner, a house of fighting, a house of playing, a house of dirty diapers, a house of CHILDREN!!! That other stuff must just be a goal!
Post a Comment