Well, the surgery is over. Everyone told me it was going to be a breeze and that little kids recover so much more quickly than adults but it was a nightmare. Yes she has rebounded quickly but the hospital stay and for two days after were miserable. Anytime you have to stay with your baby in the hospital all hooked up to monitors and an IV translates to misery! I tried to check us out of the hospital early but of coarse for liability reasons they wouldn't do it. But they were just as ready to throw me out the next day and I was the first one that they checked out as a result. Orneriness can pay off in the right situation.
Now Madelyn is talking up a storm. Prior to her surgery she had quite a bit of hearing loss and developmentally she has been behind. Now that she can hear it is so exciting to see her confidence this week. Everyday she is saying new words and responding so much better. That isn't to say she still has selective hearing figured out quite well but overall we are loving our new Madelyn!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad everything turned out ok, and that she can hear better. Yes, it pays to be the squeaky wheel!
That's such a relief that the surgery went well... I'm with you on the kids recovery being tough... It's so much easier to recover myself than watch my kids suffer. Xander had triple hernia surgery when he was 2 months, and I hated the recovery! We didn't have to stay overnight, so I can only imagine your frustrations!
Post a Comment