Sunday, January 4, 2009

CRASH! and playing catch up

So while I am already behind on posts it doesn't look like I'll be catching up anytime soon. We have been having a lot of trouble with our new MAC. Yes it is less than a year old and on Saturday they informed us that the hard drive has failed. They have been working on it all weekend and have been able to retrieve only a quarter of the info. That really stinks. And I had just read Tara's post about backing things up but really took it for granted because our MAC is practically brand spanking new and it's a MAC. Aren't they supposed to be the best?
FYI: If any of you out there have MACs you should know that you can buy an external hard drive and via the time machine feature it will back up all of your data hourly for you. Too bad I didn't know that before.

OH YEAH! and while I am on here I should add that we had an ultrasound last week and we are having a BOY!


Other news:
Lots of Dr visits. I never new the purpose of my last miscarriage but I figured that God had a plan in it all. I said before that I was having strong impressions to try again but I was reluctant. I now feel that perhaps the Lord needed me to lose the last one so that they could find out my condition and prevent me from losing further pregnancies and to get this one here when he need to be here. We did find a medical concern with my blood. The doctors say that it is a miracle that I ever had two full term healthy, live babies and without comlications to myself. For that I am extremely grateful. I am so grateful to have had two pregnancies of ignorant bliss and joyful anticipation. Unfortunately from here on out pregnancy is tainted for me. Every visit is filled with anxiety as I wait to hear the heart beat. I give myself blood thinning injections daily which is no fun and very costly. I do feel blessed to have health insurance too though.

Now, little Madelyn has to have her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes in her ear. Unfortunately, my blood condition is hereditary and now they have to run tests on her to see if she has the same problem before they can do any surgeries. She has already had to have her blood drawn twice in the last month. Bless her little heart. It is no fun at all.

Needless to say, if you cannot reach us over the next few months, we are likely at one of the many doctor appointments we have scheduled. ie, we spent 9 hours at different Dr appointments this week alone! Dose anyone want an extra 4 year old? Avery is fed up with hanging out with us!


Madelyn turned two yesterday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDY! Luckily she is too young to understand and demand a birthday party. I know that I won't be able to get away with this forever but as we did last year, we are pushing her birthday celebration off a few weeks. It is just too soon after Christmas for me. Thank goodness the next one isn't around any holidays.



Any updated photos would be stuck on my MAC!@^!&*(^#@)$!

About Madelyn. She is truly our "Drama Queen"! Every bump, scratch, fall, even tap is followed immediately by a dramatic woe is me and only kisses make it better. She is very opinionated and is already very demanding about her wardrobe. Unless we are going somewhere, she insists on wearing her princess dress-up atire all day long! When we are going out, she insists on wearing either a dress or a skirt and loves to have leggins on with her skirts! She likes to have her nails painted but for some reason refuses to wear bows. She is a wild child, full of energy and spunk. I never wanted to be the parent who went to nursery to pick up their kid and weekly someone reminds you, "oh that one's spitfire isn't she" or "She's a livewire!" To put it nicely one woman said, "she can definately hold her own". But we love our Madelyn. Our beautiful, spunky, always hungry, silent assasin who still doesn't sleep through the night! Maybe the surgery will help with that.

17 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

I'm excited for you to have a boy...Parley mentioned they found something wrong with your blood...what exactly is the term for the condition? I am very curious. Do you have to do injections forever? Or only when pregnant? THank goodness you did have healthy babies...but I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Poor Madelyn...all that stuff is not fun. But my doc told me when I got my tubes that the eardrum is one of the fastest healing spots in the body, and if she's having chronic infections, I'm sure the tubes will help...maybe that will give you a little bit of consolation?!?!?

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday to Maddy! We are excited for the news of another Tar Heel fan in your home! Oh, and you can bring Avery over ANYTIME! Seriously, Taytum would love it!

Lila said...

Que lindo!!! Parabéns para Maddy por completar mais um ano de vida e para vocês, queridos amigos, por terem uma família tão especial. Ficamos muito felizes com as boas notícias... amamos vocês...

Meet the Elliott's said...

Wild child, hellraiser, spit fire, what ever she gets you with that smile!!! Yes we love Maddy Babe!

Lila said...

Katie,

It is called Factor V Leiden, a form of thrombosis. I think the Dr said that I was a heterozigous carrier which is better for me. There were two other blood panels that came back positive but I don't know what for. They must not be that significant because they didn't say too much that I can remember about them? anyway. I don't know much because I just found out but a lot of it I think is a little over kill because I did have two normal pregnancies but still, I wouldn't want to go through another late miscariage or stillbirth so I'll go along with the doctor's orders.

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law has that and miscarried 4 babies before they found out what was wrong with her. It was very sad and trying. I am glad they found out sooner for you. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy and congrats on the little boy. I LOVE little boys!!!

Nicole Cave said...

Yeah!! A boy! It will all work out. He'll be here before you know it! Charity just had her tonsils and adenoids removed. Madelyn will do great! If you need me to ever watch Avery, I would be happy to do that for you. Chanel could always use a play buddy. Seriously call! Did you ever find a preschool teacher!?

The Cherry Family said...

Happy Birthday Madelyn! Two is great. Also, tubes are great. Caleb is 100 times better this year with tubes than last year(without tubes) and that's being said while he has an ear infection. Also, I'm so sorry to hear that there's something going on with your health and that you have to have injections. You are tough as nails!!

McLeod Clan said...

I'm so glad they figured out what was going on with you now. Healthy little boy here he comes!!

Ann said...

Congratulations on the boy! I bet Travis is stoked. I'm so sorry to hear about all the health troubles. That stuff is NO FUN...From what everyone else is saying, it looks like Maddy's operation will be a real blessing for her--that's great!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Congratulations on the baby boy! I am so excited for you and your family! I am sorry to hear about all of the frustrating health problems, it will be nice to get them resolved. :)

Heather Bell said...

Congrats on the boy. I love my baby boy, he will eat me out of house and home, but he is so mellow. And doesn't mouth off...yet! I think I saw you at the library today but then you were gone. There are too many people there! It is madness!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the baby boy and I'm glad they determined why the last baby didn't make it. I'm so sorry about all the health problems, that can be so draining! I wish I was there to help out but I'll bet thinking of you. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the boy! That's exciting! I hope all goes well for you. Good luck with your MAC too. I had the same problem with mine a little over a year after I got it. The warranty was gone, but they gave me a brand new one anyway. Hopefully they'll do the same for you guys!

Valerie said...

Isn't life just wonderful with endless Dr. appointments and restless children. I'm sorry you're having to go through so many troubles. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation that gives us perspective. I can tell you're a good mom Lila. Good luck with everything.

-KJ said...

Congrats on the baby! It has been way to long since I have checked everyone's blog. What exciting news. Sounds like you have been crazy busy. Make sure to take it easy!

You have such beautiful girls. I think our two youngest must be kindred spirits. Mine is a maniac!!!

Miller Family said...

Wow! this post we chuck full of info! So fun that you are having a boy! I'm sure he already owns his first NC jersey! Hope you survive all the doctors, we'll be thinking about you.