Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well, that settles it.

Well, this post is a little bit late, just like everything else in my life, but Travis and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary about a week and a half ago. Just a few days before I had been going through and cleaning things out, de-cluttering. Travis noticed our wedding bouquet and asked if I was ever going to get rid of it. He wasn't being insensitive or anything it's just that it wasn't preserved or anything and it sits on his dresser losing flowers here and there.I always thought that was something that you just don't throw away. Well, I moved it when I was cleaning and found it a little while later.

This is the aftermath of Madelyn.
So, I guess that settles it honey. We can finally throw that bouquet away.
Happy Anniversary!

14 comments:

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Cute blog. Your girls are so pretty!

About your wedding bouquet, I am sorry to see its death. It looks like it was beautiful. I am a little pack rat, so sometimes it is nice when I have to throw out some of my little treasures. :)

Candace said...

Happy Anniversary.

The White Clan said...

I saved mine forever, until we moved and someone else wasn't as careful as I was with it.
It is now in the bottom of the Washington County Land fill.
Sorry yours died in the same way.

Kristi said...

She must have a thing for flowers. When I had her the other day and found her stuck in the bathroom sink she had crawled up to play with the fake arrangement on the bathroom counter. It too was dumped all over, good thing it was fake because it salvageable! She's definitely curious and fearless!

Ann said...

Oh, so funny! Why do we all hang on to things like that so long? It won't be long before all our houses look like old lady houses because of all the old sentimental things we have taking up space everywhere. I'm trying really hard to just chuck the things that I really won't miss (or even notice being gone) and oh, man, it feels so dang good.

Anonymous said...

Charley is more of a sentimental person than I am. I toss alot out. I think sometimes it bugs him, especially when it's his stuff! Whoops!!! We will have to go up to the mountains one day and have a picnic. That would be fun.

Anonymous said...

Charley is more of a sentimental person than I am. I toss alot out. I think sometimes it bugs him, especially when it's his stuff! Whoops!!! We will have to go up to the mountains one day and have a picnic. That would be fun.

Moore Family said...

Sometimes it's nice to have the decision made for you! Sorry about your bouquet.

Nicole Cave said...

I remember when I would get flowers from guys I liked and keeping them for as long as possible. I think I even remember hanging them to dry. I guess she showed you it really isn't too important!:)

Nicole Cave said...

Ann's comment is so funny because I immediately thought of all my grandmas houses...it is so true. I keep letters like crazy but I don't think that will ever change!!

Jodi and Josh said...

I think mine hit the trash at about 5 years... I was sad to see it go too...
I was at my parents house the other day, and saw my sisters' bouquet still hanging in the garage... I think it's been there for 4 years now... nice...

Lisa said...

So that's how older people's houses get that way! We never could find my wedding bouquet. Maybe someone stole it and it's sitting on their dresser losing flowers...

Audrey Taylor said...

Lila,
It was great working with you again in Lee's program. Thanks for remembering that it was my birthday. That was so nice of you. Happy 7th anniversary!

Phil said...

I remember when you were still planning on getting married to Travis and so excited! Congratulations!!! Phil Jr.