Friday, December 21, 2007

Think Blue

pregnancy

WOW! What a surprise. I just learned that I am pregnant. This literally came as a shock to me because I do not have cycles when I am nursing and I was using contraceptives but I kept getting nauseous as well as other symptoms so I took a pregnancy test this week and what do you know but it tells me I will have three kids under the age of 3!

Travis didn't take the news lightly either. He informed me that this time he refuses to come to the ultrasound. If it is a boy I am allowed to call him but if it isn't,
"just drive yourself straight form the Doctor's office to your mom's house and stay with her until the delivery!" Thanks for the support Hon! Well I can enjoy my home for at least 11 more weeks.

25 comments:

Brett and Heather said...

CONRATULATIONS!!!
I had three under the age of two. You can do it. I have to say, that having three tiny kids was one of the best times of my life. Sit back and enjoy every minute of it.

Sheri said...

Congats on the new addition.Tell Travis it is up to him on the sex of the baby.so if it is another girl,it is his fault.Hey I have 3 girls 1 boy.It is not that bad.

Tara said...

Yeah! So when is your due date? I will think blue for you.

Lila said...

Tara- August 10th. And congratulations to you too! When are you due?

Tara said...

July 25th, just barely before you! We will have to suffer through the summer together.

Lila said...

Yeah Tara, I am already suffering. We go to Maui every June and my doctor told me I can't go because I'll be 33 weeks. What?!? This is Hawaii we are talking about. I really think that I am going to go ahead and go. Both of my girls went full term I really don't anticipate any action at 33 weeks! Please. What do you think?

The Cherry Family said...

Lila!! Wow! Congratulations! Good thing you're such a put-together mom. And I agree with the other comment, it's Travis' fault if it's another girl. Or just tell him how much money you'll save if you don't have to buy all those cute boy clothes, and there are a lot of cute boy clothes out these days!!! :) Congrats! I'm excited for you guys!

Kristi said...

I am excited for you all! Travis sounds like Bobby...after always agreeing to four kids he's renigging after three because he has one boy and two girls -! He's says we're done unless he's guaranteed another boy! I know that in his heart of hearts he's just a sucker for the ladies in his life! :) If you want to bring the girls over to play so you can get some rest or something the door is always open!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! Don't you just love surprises! I love babies and am sad when they start to get older. I hope you can play volleyball still!

thebarrusfamily said...

I can't believe you are pregnant!! That's so cool. Congratulations! Our babies are due at the same time. NUTS!!!

Courtney M said...

YAY!! Congrats!! You make the cutest little girls....I hope it's another one! :) Travis is bound to get used to the pink haha

The Leavitt Family said...

Congratulations! We'll think blue!! boys are so much fun!

Nicole Cave said...

Yeah you guys are definately going to suffer through the summer. Lila you are going to have your hands full, but in the ling run it will be so fun and all the kids will be so close. Congrats!!

Baldwin Fam said...

Congrats! Boy or girl, babies are fabulous! Even if it is a girl, the girl clothes are always more fun to buy than boys. :)

Nicole S said...

WOW! Congrats! Lila, I found your blog through either Courtney or Jo's and wanted to say hi! It's been a long time. I was Nicole King, now Nicole Sorensen. You have gorgeous girls! I have one boy and can't believe having 3 under 3 yrs. I'm sure you'll just be the best mom. Merry late Christmas.

Emilie said...

Congrats. How exciting. I just had our boy and I feel your struggle with wanting a boy and having three young babes. Isabela just turned 4 and my initial thought when I got pregnant round 3 was 3 kids under 4..what am I thinking. But now that its here I have to say it is wonderful and the girls are still young enough to be eager to help and enjoy it. It is a lot of fun. As for the boy part I can only hope for you. I was so anxious to find out I did a blood test where you can find out at only 7 weeks pregnant.

Michelle said...

Congrats! If it's a girl you can always try again for a boy. Either way it's so exciting. I'm sure your Mom is thrilled too.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Congrats. Par told me the news, then I saw it on the blog. Tell Travis the ol' crank to get over it...your girls are so cute! :) (what he said doesn't surprise me though!)But it would be fun to have a boy. As long as it's healthy, right? Do you think you will really go to Hawaii?! Just go in the first group so you can go early! We are trying to go earlier too cause we have family stuff, but I know how you feel. You NEVER want to miss Hawaii! :)

Miller Family said...

Congrats! In my family we had two girls and then a boy. When my brother was born I was still 2 and my sister was 1. I'm sure it was chaos for our parents ( my mom told my dad to get a vesectomy if he ever wanted to touch her again) but we loved it and it is very fun now. I'll think blue for you.

-KJ said...

Holy grail! I love it! That is too much fun! You just must be a natural born breeder ;)! I can't wait to hear what you are having. Either way, it will be a beautiful baby!!!

-KJ said...

Holy grail! That is so much fun! What a suprise! I am sure it will be so cute no matter what you have. Your girls are darling. I say to make sure Travis knows it is his fault too, if it is another girl! Hahaha!

Adventures in Healing said...

So how close really will they all be?? I'll have 4 in 5 years....it's not 3 under 3 but I feel ya. Good thing you're such a great mom! =) Congrats. =) (oh, and I could use some girls for Pammie to play with over here. Tell Travis we can swap)

Heather Bell said...

Whatever you get, I'm sure "it" will be so cute! I love my boy and my girl, so you will get lucky either way!

Noelle said...

Congratulations :) Can't wait to meet him ;)

Anonymous said...

Parabéns!!!! Desejamos toda felicidade para vcs. Lila, manda fotos de você grávida. Amamos vocês... manda notícias.Sua família Brasileira
-Renilde, Silvana e Greice